
She wanted me to put her in this. So there you go, Katie. Anyway, I'm going to focus on music. Current song: Long Haul by Voxtrot. I saw them in concert with Arctic Monkeys (I'll get to them later). And after, I met the lead singer, Ramesh. Well, I met him twice. The first time was during the Arctic Monkeys' portion (which kicked ass). He came from somewhere to our right and pushed his way through right in front of us and started to smoke in this circle. Then the second time he was by the place where you buy T-Shirts and such selling his CDs and stuff. And we talked to him for a while. I bought a LP from him and stuff. Anyway, Arctic Monkeys, arguably one of the greatest bands to come out of England (Led Zeppelin, is up there too). See, I don't really like The Beatles. Well, their music. The fact that they pioneered modern rock is tight. Arctic Monkeys is awesome. They have two different styles of music with the same style of lyrics. The first style of music is the hardcore stuff. It's good to listen to before a game of some sort or to just plain rock out before a party. I'd say 64% of their music is this style. The second style is the Indie rock stuff that isn't as hard. I like that style better for just laying around and chilling. Although, I love all of their music. Their lyrics are all about people and society in general. Usually stuff that is wrong with it. Such as, their song, "When The Sun Goes Down" Here's a portion of the lyrics:
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Katie Jane
What a scummy man
Just give him half a chance
I bet he'll rob you if he can
Can see it in his eyes that he's got a nasty plan
I hope you're not involved at all.
Most of their lyrics are kind of like that. Well, that style. Alex Turner is the lead singer. They are my favorite overall band. The Killers are pretty good also, I forgot to add them to my initial list of favorite bands in my first post. I gotta run.
-JC
Posted by
InactiveBeef
at
9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment